During the tendering phrase, you may want to extract rebar quantities and generate reports that contain these quantities. This function enables you:
1. To create BQ in the software to extract rebar quantities, which can be summarized in reports;
2. To connect BQ from TBQ and then extract rebar quantities, which can be uploaded to TBQ.
Here is the introduction to these two parts
Part 1. External BQ
There are two parts: Element & Bill tree structure on the left, BQ Item and related operations on the right. You can create bill & element and the detailed BQ items here.
1. New Bill: To create a new bill.
2. New Element: To create a new element under bill.
3. Delete: To delete a bill or an element.
1. Add BQ: To add BQ item under elements.
2. Delete BQ: To delete the existing BQ item(s).
3. Move Up/Down: To move up or down the BQ item.
4. Import Excel
Import Excel: To import the user's Excel BQ into software.
Click “Import Excel" and then a dialog window pops out.
Select the Excel file and the target sheet, software transforms the file format into the identifiable format by identification.
If there is no BQ in the Excel, the sheet name will be used as the Element name; otherwise, the "Import Mode" dialog window appears after importing:
"Overwrite selected element" enables to overwrite the BQ of existing element; "Add element" imports the user BQ under a newly created element; "Add content to selected element" adds the user BQ to the selected element.
5. Export to Excel: Click "Export to Excel" to export existing BQ and save as an excel file. If there are multiple elements, then there will be multiple worksheets in the Excel.
6. View Quantity by Category (Extract rebar quantities)
This function enables you to extract and view the quantities from both Modeling and Single Element.
In the pop-out dialog window, use the filter condition to filter the target quantities according to the Description in BQ. Then click the cell in Calculated Qty column, after which the "Fill Quantity" window appears, software automatically reads the data from the report to this window by double-clicking the data cell. You can also perform addition and subtraction to the data in that window. As the below picture shows, the quantity of column rebar with diameter less than or equal to 16 (including 10 and 16) is filled in to the BQ item.
"Fill Quantity" window also enables you to delete, modify and check the quantity data.
Just select the data and then click Delete Quantity, it will be deleted;
With "Modify and Check", you can see the combination of the data by viewing the data source and modifying it.
Select one number in the "Fill Quantity" window and then click "Check and Modify", software traces back the data source in the report, where the source is displayed in yellow. Most important of all, the data source in the report of "View Quantity by Category" window is linked to the building model automatically so that quantity changes accordingly to it.
7. Refresh Quantity: Click this button to get the latest quantities in case of change of model in quantity.
8. Save as Baseline: To deal with variation by allowing users to record and inquire the quantities at different times. Software enables you to save any quantity as Baseline. The variation will be if there exists variance in quantity, it will be calculated and written down automatically in the Variation Qty column.
9. Select Baseline: it allows you to select the saved quantity as the Baseline Qty and performs data comparison automatically.
10. Page Settings: To control the display of each column in this page by checking or unchecking the column name.
After the BQ quantities are successfully extracted, you can switch to Report to view them. Software provides two BQ reports, namely BQ Summary and BQ Variation Summary.
Part 2. Connect TBQ Project
It enables to connect BQ from TBQ and upload the needed rebar quantities to TBQ, sharing data with each other.
1. Connect TBQ Project: Click this button, then a dialog box appears, asking you if you want to switch to TBQ BQ.
Click OK to connect, and the existing external BQ will deleted; click Cancel to quit.
Enter the correct user name and password to log in.
Select the target project, and the BQ of that project will be connected with TRB.
1. After connection, the original "Connect TBQ Project" turns into "Disconnect TBQ Project", "Update TBQ Item" and "Upload to TBQ". The connection will remain alive unless you click "Disconnect TBQ Project".
2. Disconnect TBQ Project: Disable the connection with TBQ and stop information synchronization.
3. Update TBQ Item: Click this button to synchronize with TBQ in terms of modifications to BQ in TBQ.
4. Upload to TBQ: To upload such data as extracted BQ quantities and added BQ item data to TBQ.