When you encounter the following problems, you can use Rebar Layout function.
1. You may want to view the rebar layout of every rebar of a particular element after finish drawing element and summary calculation.
2. You may want to modify the joint location, quantity, length of each bar and bending data of a particular element.
3. You may want to export or print rebar layout drawing of a particular element for construction workers' reference.
Make sure the element quantity has been calculated when using Rebar Layout function to view a particular element.
Choose Rebar Layout in the Rebar Quantity menu or click the button in the toolbar, then click the entity you want to view, and then the following interface will pop up:
Since each element has its own characteristics, each element has different rebar layout interfaces. Hence an example of all the functions based on beam will be introduced below. For specific features of each element type, please refer to Element Reference.
Rebar Layout interface consists of the following parts:
Layout Display /Editing Interface
If you use the button on the toolbar in the Rebar Layout interface or edit bars in the displaying interface directly, then after exiting the interface, this element will be Locked.
Rebar Layout - Toolbar
1. Viewpoint: the viewpoint of rebar layout can be switched using drop-down list box, e.g. beam rebar layout can be switched between side view and top view.
2. Move: To move the location of the bar lines. Method: Click Move, and then click bar line that needs moving, right click to confirm. And then click to designate a base point, during which the bar line would move with cursor and display the offset distance with a dotted line. Click to complete the move. You can also move it by inputing the value of the distance required in the text box.
3. Extend: To extend selected bar to a specified boundary line. For methods please refer to Extend under Modify in menu bar.
4. Trim: To trim the selected bar to the specified boundary line. For methods please refer to Trim under Modify in menu bar.
5. Extend/Trim Rebar End: To set the adjustment value of a bar end. Method: Click function button, and then select the bar end needed for adjustment, click the bending point if there is a bend, then the following dialog box will pop up:
Input the offset value and then click OK to complete the operation.
6. Set Bend: To set the bending length of a particular bar end. Refer to Extend/Trim Rebar End section for operational methods.
7. Edit Other Rebar: To edit those bars that not displayed in Rebar Layout. Edit Rebar interface will pop up after clicking this button; Please refer to Edit Rebar for more details.
Arrange Lap: To arrange a joint on a specified bar. Method: Click Arrange Lap, then move the cursor to the location where you want to add a joint, and the red circle will automatically capture this bar, displaying the distance from nearest positioning point. Click or directly enter the distance to arrange the joint.
9. Delete Lap: To delete one or more joints on a particular bar. Method: Click Delete Lap, and then select one or more joints you want to delete, right click to confirm, and then click OK in the dialog box to complete.
Move Lap: To change the position of a particular joint. Method: Click Move Lap, and then choose the target joint, right click to confirm. Then choose a base point, after which the joint will move with the cursor. Finish moving by clicking the target point or directly entering the distance.
11. Display Settings: To control displaying or hiding of Display Settings window.
12. View: Use the drop-down options below view button to do operations like 'Full Screen', 'Pan' and 'Zoom' for Layout Display interfaces.
13. Save As DXF: To save the current rebar layout as a DXF file, you can use AUTOCAD to open the file for editing or printing.
14. Print: To form reports of current rebar and to export and print it.
15.Distance: To measure the distance between two arbitrary points。
16.Arc Length: To measure the arc length, angle , chord length and radius of an arc line.
17.Calculator: To perform simple numerical calculations.
18. Exit: To exit the interface and save your edits.
Rebar Layout-Display settings
In the reinforced arrangement interface, you can control contents on the display/edit interface via Display Settings window. The options on this window are different since the component types are different, in this case the display settings of reinforced arrangement of the beam are given as an example.
Titles of all contents are displayed on this window. You only need to tick the box in front of the content that you want to check, then it will display in this interface.
Rebar Layout- Model thumbnail
When you want to check the reinforced arrangements of other components in the reinforced arrangement interface, you do not need to return to the main interface to choose the others, all you need to do is to choose the component you want to view in the model thumbnails.
If your project is large, you can scroll the mouse wheel to change the window size or to zoom the thumbnails to view and select the components in the window. Model thumbnails have three menu items:
Overlooking: display the thumbnails in the vertical view, i.e. display plan.
Full-screen: Automatically scaling graphics to fully display the graphics.
Dynamic observation: Click this function, then you can use left mouse button dragging the interface to switch to different angles for viewing three-dimensional model.
Display/Editing interface of Rebar Layout
You can check rebar layout of selected element in this interface, and also edit rebars according to the buttons on the toolbar or edit values directly on the interface. Meanwhile you can use Display Settings to control the content displayed.
All green font are editable, you can click to modify data, i.e. edit mode.