Calculate & View Quantity
When the modeling and rebar arrangement work for all element entities and floors are done, the rebar takeoff is almost completed. Click Calculate to perform summary calculation for the whole building, and then view the quantities.
- View Quantity by Category
Besides Edit Rebar, Rebar 3D, Rebar Layout and other methods for viewing quantities, TRB also provides a more flexible function, View Quantity by Category, to help view quantities by selected elements or conditions as needed.
Step 1: Click "View Quantity" -> "View Quantity by Category" on the toolbar. Then the following window pops out. Select the floor and element and then click OK to enter the report window.
Select all nodes with same name: If you want to select the same elements in all floors, e.g., to select all the column elements in all floors, it might be very difficult to select them floor by floor. In that case, this function can be used to quickly select all of them. First of all, select one node of column in one floor, and then click "Select all nodes with same name" button, all the nodes with the same name will be selected in the node tree.
Select all nodes with same name: Similarly, this function is used to cancel the same name nodes. Just select to uncheck one of the target nodes, and then click this button, all the same name nodes will be canceled selection.
Step 2: Click OK after setting the range, and then it enters into the following window.
(1) Select element type: To switch between the selected element types so that the report changes along with the element. Each report displays only one type of the element.
(2) Display single-floor quantity of standard floor only: It is only activated when only the standard floors are checked in the Set range window. Only one floor of the standard floors will be displayed if this item is checked. Otherwise, quantities of all standard floors will be displayed, i.e., single-floor quantity * N, where N is the number of standard floors.
(3) Set element range: Click here to open the Set Range window and set the range again.
(4) Set classification condition and quantity: It is mainly used to set the classification condition and the output format of the quantities, shown as below.
Element type: To switch between element types so that you can adjust the settings.
Classification Condition: To set the condition used for summary of quantities.
Move Up & Move Down: Mainly used to adjust the sequence of these conditions, those lay at the top have priority to those at the bottom, and will be displayed on the left of the report.
Searching Range: Some of the conditions can be more specific, e.g., column section, you can select the section type here.
Diameter Setting: If it is required to summarize quantities of rebar by a certain range of diameter, you can input an interval of diameter here. The quantities of rebar will be summarized by the entered interval.
Summarize by diameter: Select to check this item to summarize the rebar quantities by diameter. If there is no interval of diameter and this item is not checked, all the rebar quantities will be summarized by the given condition, without any classification of diameter. If there is an interval, this button will be dimmed. Delete the interval and this button will become highlighted again.
New & Delete: To add or delete a row in the diameter setting table.
2. Print Rebar Schedule (Edit Rebar)
When you encounter the following problem, you can use “Print Rebar Schedule (Edit Rebar)” function.
After calculation, you may need to view the total rebar quantity of the selected element entity in the drawing area, and it can be printed.
Click Rebar Quantity > “Print Rebar Schedule (Edit Rebar)” Select the entity to check the rebar quantity in the drawing area, and View Quantity(Rebar Schedule) interface pops up.
Click "Export to Excel" or "Export to Existing Excel" to export the quantity report.
Click Print button in the toolbar, and then operation completes.
The schedule is composed by the items selected from Page Settings under Edit Rebar.